Marian C. McCarty, DDS, MSD
Dr. McCarty was born and raised in Houston, Texas. She attended St. Agnes Academy for high school and St. Edward’s University for college. Dr. McCarty was valedictorian of her dental school class and received her D.D.S. degree from the University of Texas School of Dentistry. Upon completion of dental school, she continued her education to specialize in orthodontics and received her Certificate in Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics and Masters of Science in Dentistry. Dr. McCarty served as chief resident during her entire residency.
Dr. McCarty’s life motto is to “smile often!” She believes your smile is your best asset. She wants her patients to love their smiles and have the confidence to use them often. Mother Teresa said, “Let us always greet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.”
Throughout her career, Dr. McCarty has become involved in many professional Orthodontic and Dental Organizations. She is a member of the American Association of Orthodontists, the Southwest Society of Orthodontists, the Texas Association of Orthodontists, the American Dental Association, the Texas Dental Association and the Greater Houston Dental Society.
In her free time, Dr. McCarty enjoys reading, trying new restaurants, and spending time with her husband and family.
Awards & Achievements
- St. Edward’s University Outstanding Student in Chemistry Award
- St. Edward’s University Outstanding Student in Spanish Award
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon First Year Achievement Award
- University of Texas School of Dentistry Operative Dentistry Award
- Thomas F. Burks Outstanding Leadership & Service Award
- American College of Dentists Outstanding Student Leader Award
- Finalist for the Eugene L. Gottlieb JCO Student of the Year Award