Stephen J. Chen, DDS, MSD
Dr. Chen graduated valedictorian from the University of Texas School of Dentistry. After dental school, he furthered his education receiving his Certificate in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics and Masters of Science in Dentistry. Dr. Chen served as the chief resident during his entire residency. He also was one of the youngest orthodontists to receive the highest certification in orthodontics from the American Board of Orthodontics. Dr. Chen is also clinical assistant professor in orthodontics at the University of Texas School of Dentistry.
Dr. Chen believes your smile is your calling card and is the most potent weapon one possesses. “A person’s smile has the strength to forge bonds, break ice, and calm storms. I want our patients to use their smile constantly. I believe the power of who you are is displayed when you smile.”
Throughout his career, Dr. Chen has become involved in many professional Orthodontic and Dental Organizations. He is a member of the American Association of Orthodontists, the Southwest Society of Orthodontists, the Texas Orthodontic Association, the American Dental Association, the Texas Dental Association and the Greater Houston Dental Society.
In his free time, Dr. Chen enjoys playing golf, hunting, fishing, and spending time with his wife and family.
Awards & Achievements
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon William S Kramer Award of Excellence
- American Association of Orthodontists Student Award
- Houston Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons Award
- Walter G Sterling Outstanding Student Award
- Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity Award
- American Association of Oral Biology Award
- Psi Omega Dental Fraternity Top Student Award